Pizza is love. Still wearing their high school varsity baseball uniforms and eye black, my sons made pizza after the game. Friends joined us and some of our pizza was delivered to other friends. Family, friends, and pizza together is big love!
We’ve made this pizza for years and it is consistently a crowd pleaser. Here’s how…
Pre-tip: Purchase day old loaves of whole (not sliced) Italian style bread. I find mine at a reduced price at my local grocer. Freeze the loaf if not using that day. While not necessary, the dry loaf improves the texture of the pizza.
Loaf of bread
1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
6 fluid ounces warm water (110 degrees F/45 degrees C)
3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
1 teaspoon minced garlic
2 tablespoons honey
1 teaspoon anchovy paste (optional)
3/4 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
1/4 teaspoon dried marjoram
1/4 teaspoon dried basil
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/8 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes
salt to taste
Mozzarella and Parmesan are classic Italian
Feta matches well with Greek inspired toppings
Your Favorite or Creative Toppings
Italian sausage is my favorite!
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Divide the following tasks up among available family and friends.
2. Cut whole loaf of Italian or French bread in half, lengthwise and place on a cookie sheet (this is my fave but any will do) lined with a Non-Stick Baking Mat
or foil for easy cleaning.
3. Make sauce. This recipe is very forgiving so just use the seasonings you have on hand.
4. Spread sauce on flat surface of loaf.
5. Add toppings. We add toppings before the cheese because it holds together well, but if you prefer to see your toppings, add after cheese.
6. Grate cheese and spread over loaf.
7. Drizzle cheese with olive oil and be sure to drizzle some on loaf edge.
8. Bake on middle oven rack for around 15 minutes.
9. Let cool for 5 minutes, if you can wait :), and slice. My favorite way to cut this pizza is with Pizza Scissors.
Tell me about your pizza love 🙂 Tell me about your family and friend love ❤
Mangiare! ~~~~~~~~ Angie Mc